Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some of your bad habits?
This is one of my biggest flaws. I can procrastinate for a long time over the things that are either important or unimportant. However, the good thing is that once I get started, you bet I'll be done by the time you can finish this sentence. I guess it's more of a motivation issue. Actually bothering to get up and do what needs to be done is the problem here.
Well I did just have to return here to see if anyone had added playing this Pokemon game onto their lists. I thankfully cannot say that I myself have added it to mine but I have several friends and people close to me who could and I have to say that it is frustrating just having that around. It is really sweeping the country, and world probably, and I wonder how long this little fad will last, and in my opinion this is a bad habit.
Wow, a lot of people have procrastinating in common. I do this on a daily, I set a schedule to wake up at a certain time, my alarm goes off and then I'll set it back 10 or 20 minutes. After 3 hours, I finally get up and say I won't do it again, but I do it daily. I don't actually need to get up, but I want to. Because I know that I don't need to get up, I just use that as an excuse to stay in bed.
I'm still fighting my laziness. The worst habit ever. Also, I tend to multitask. It's not a good thing either. Keeps you distracted all the time. Consuming fast-food also sucks. I'm kind of guilty of this all.
(02-20-2016, 06:41 AM)JustBeBetter Wrote: I'm a horrible procrastinator. Like, I could win an award sometimes. On the other side, I am extremely active and will get a million things done, but when I procrastinate, I can like basically reach another age bracket before I get certain things done lol

Same problem here. When I get into the 'zone' or when I'm in the flow, I can get so much done and become so productive that I shock myself, and then when I get into one of my 'lazy'modes I just can't get myself to do anything.

But I have found a way of dealing with it that really helps. The Pomodoro technique. Just tell yourself that you will only do just 5 minutes of whatever you are procrastinating about, and as long as you do your best to put in just 5 minutes of total focus, then the rest comes easy.

Usually, it's hours before I realize that I've tricked myself into doing the thing I was dreading.
I completely understand what you mean by procrastination. I procrastinate constantly and all time, whether it be an assignment for school or training. It is so hard to avoid this bad habit, but I have developed a couple techniques. One way is to create an action plan (usually on paper) and place it somewhere that you look at every day. In this action plan, you will write what you want to do, when you want to do it, remind yourself why you want to do it—and do it. No procrastinating. These are also known as SMART goals, and I have found them immensely helpful in avoiding procrastination.
Laziness or finding the shortest route. I always try to find the shortest route to archive a goal. This habit wouldn't really be bad, since I end up saving a lot of time and effort, eventually. It however becomes almost a burden when I start chastising myself if I had been taking a route for some time and suddenly found a route that is shorter, even a few steps shorter, even a few second shorter!
I would say that it's smoking, I still haven't giving up even though I should have done so some years back, but it's not as easy as all that. I think that I have to make an extra effort.
(07-25-2016, 02:45 PM)geekyhumans Wrote: Laziness or finding the shortest route. I always try to find the shortest route to archive a goal. This habit wouldn't really be bad, since I end up saving a lot of time and effort, eventually. It however becomes almost a burden when I start chastising myself if I had been taking a route for some time and suddenly found a route that is shorter, even a few steps shorter, even a few second shorter!

I get what you mean there. On the surface you would think it would be a good thing, like you said saving time and money, but sometimes I think we all know that this is really cheating ourselves. It is fine for some things, but when you have options (career was the first thing that came to mind) you want to be someone who gives effort and tries to get the best. Thanks for sharing.
I have tons of bad habits. Some of my bad habits include eating before bed, snacking throughout the day, smoking ciggarettes, staying up late and only getting maybe 6-7 hours of sleep a night. I am working on correcting these habits a couple at a time though.