Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are some of your bad habits?
I'm a horrible procrastinator. Like, I could win an award sometimes. On the other side, I am extremely active and will get a million things done, but when I procrastinate, I can like basically reach another age bracket before I get certain things done lol
(02-20-2016, 06:41 AM)JustBeBetter Wrote: I'm a horrible procrastinator. Like, I could win an award sometimes. On the other side, I am extremely active and will get a million things done, but when I procrastinate, I can like basically reach another age bracket before I get certain things done lol

LOL. Me too. I procrastinate a lot! Like too much! But when I start working on something sometimes I become so occupied in it that I become an workaholic for a brief period. Not necessarily the last minute but just in the moment when I catch the momentum of working. I think the procrastination comes in between the break between big projects but not really while I'm doing it.
Sounds like you have an easy answer: just get started and force yourself to stay there for a little longer, lol Smile You might just be a mono-task oriented person and get scattered between multiple tasks. One of my professors in college told us that if you're a focused person and you act unfocused, you don't become unfocused, you just become an unsuccessful focused person. Unfocused people get by on being scattered, focused people dry up like a mushroom in death valley in it.
Thanks for the advice. I think I have to figure an efficient way to balance my daily tasks. Life gives you no option but juggle different tasks at the same time and it is not that easy. Like now I am pursuing a law degree and at the same time I am a professional blogger/writer. Not to forget I am also pursuing a career in music and I am dropping a 20 song mixtape later this year. Then add a lit bit of daily exercise and trying to explain to my friends why I have been so 'quiet' lately. It is a little overwhelming and the minute I get to my bad habits of drinking, smoking and partying, I won't accomplish anything except watch a lot of movies and series in between.
Im also a huge procrastinator! Its a horrible habit because I know I'm procrastinating when I do it. Some days I can get 100 things done and no one can stop me. Other days I waste so much time. I try my best to tell people like my siblings or close friends, what my plans are for the day so they remind me and ask me if I've done it. That way if I haven't done it, I feel guilty and then get right to it. Tongue
Seems strange that procrastinating is such a common habit. I wonder where the falls into biology? Like what is procrastination from a biological perspective...what does it say about free will, hmmm, such a curious question... Having a small scale epiphany here @_@
I eat a lot of junk food. Like, I can't sit down to watch a movie without popcorn. Organizing a party? You better have nachos, or I'm not coming LOL
Procrastinating, worrying too much, junk food, and I guess that's it.
And it's bad enough as it is.
(02-21-2016, 08:39 PM)mooray Wrote: Thanks for the advice. I think I have to figure an efficient way to balance my daily tasks. Life gives you no option but juggle different tasks at the same time and it is not that easy. Like now I am pursuing a law degree and at the same time I am a professional blogger/writer. Not to forget I am also pursuing a career in music and I am dropping a 20 song mixtape later this year. Then add a lit bit of daily exercise and trying to explain to my friends why I have been so 'quiet' lately. It is a little overwhelming and the minute I get to my bad habits of drinking, smoking and partying, I won't accomplish anything except watch a lot of movies and series in between.

Ahh, a music-man, eh? I'd love to hear anything you may have on soundcloud or bandcamp. Youtube, even. I love listening to independent artists.

Far as my bad habits go? I smoke entirely too much hookah. That stuff is murder on your lung capacity if you do it for a few weekends.
Over eating, binge eating, viking feasts, what ever you want to call it I just completely over do it and gorge till I can barely move. Sure it feels great when I do it but my diet takes a massive hit.