Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming
Swimming is the most complete sport, so they say, as we exercise all the muscles in the body. My physiotherapist recommended me swimming after my knee surgery, as it was a good sport to get back in shape.
Swimming is more advanced form of sport especially for those capable of swimming across deep waters. I am not a good swimmer as I wouldn't dare the deep waters capable of a swallow. I have been tempted to take my swimming to that level of deep water but I am not sure swimming is my thing.
I am not the best swimmer either, and just today I proved that, as after 4 or 5 50 meter pools I was already tired lol. It's a matter of a habit and technique, and I had none. But I am very disciplined, so the next time I return there, instead of 4 or 5, I will make 6 pools. Smile
I love water and staying inside the pool is my best time pass. But the truth is that I simply like to enjoy my time playing with water. Swimming is not what I like to do a lot. It is a good exercise for the whole body but I dont have much inclination to do so.
I am very excited for the summer time that is fast approaching. We recently moved and there is a local pool nearby that seems really good so that is nice to look forward too. The winter has been long so I would love to get swimming right away.
(08-27-2016, 09:32 AM)SirJoe Wrote: Swimming is a good way build up your resistance and your lungs capacity. I don't swim as often as I would like but I still manage to go swimming once or twice a week. Do you use swimming as part of your training?

Yes, I use swimming as part of my exercise routine, but I don't think about it that way. I swim three times a week as it exercises every muscle in the body. It also doesn't feel like exercise as it feels more like a fun thing to do than hard work. It makes me feel that I have had a break from training when in fact it is an exercise. I normally swim for an hour and just do lengths taking a few breaks in between by just bobbing about in the water.
When we watch Formula 1 pilots, for example, that suffer 3G forces when driving, they need to do a lot of sports to prepare their body for that "violence", and swimming is often included. Fighters also get beat up a lot, so they need to be prepared the best they can, so swimming is certainly a good option.