Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming
Swimming is my hobby. I love swimming. Swimming makes me feel more active and energized. It is one of the best calorie burning exercise out there and it helps me to shed some weight.
(09-27-2016, 09:57 AM)zonemik Wrote: Swimming is my hobby. I love swimming. Swimming makes me feel more active and energized. It is one of the best calorie burning exercise out there and it helps me to shed some weight.

It's low impact and works every muscle in your body, so it's one of the best choices to build up initial body strength. Cycling is also very good but it doesn't work the whole body as well as swimming does.
it is a great exercise. You use all muscle groups
Actually, there are many public swimming crouching centers in my city and that is why I feel lucky. I think that one-month coaching helped me to learn a lot about swimming.
Unfortunately we don't have a swimming pool here at work. I work with a mining company and I have always found it hard to get time and go swimming. I swim only swim whenever am off work or when working along the coastline. Swimming is a good way of exercising and I think that everybody should look for time and go swim.
(09-28-2016, 03:59 AM)Sinner Wrote: it is a great exercise. You use all muscle groups

You're somewhat wrong, you clearly don't use all muscle groups, do some research.
There seems to be a bit of confusion here about whether swimming uses all the muscle groups or not, and I agree with Casiox that a bit of research might shed some light on this issue for everyone. Just a quick Google search will reveal to you what muscle groups swimming does develop, and how each stroke uses different muscle groups to execute different techniques, from the core abdominal and lower back muscles to the shoulder and forearm muscles and so on.
(10-02-2016, 04:42 AM)Casiox Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 03:59 AM)Sinner Wrote: it is a great exercise. You use all muscle groups

You're somewhat wrong, you clearly don't use all muscle groups, do some research.

Yes, I agree you don't use all muscles but almost all muscles are used so that's what he meant by saying you use all muscle groups.
(10-04-2016, 04:59 AM)AntonioCalcano Wrote:

Yes, I agree you don't use all muscles but almost all muscles are used so that's what he meant by saying you use all muscle groups.

Well, that's something sorta different, though.
(10-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Casiox Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 04:59 AM)AntonioCalcano Wrote:

Well, that's something sorta different, though.

No it's not, if you do some research you'll find out that most muscles will work when you're swimming but that's not the important thing, what really matters is that you enjoy what you're doing.