Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming
Sadly I don't use swimming as part of my routine but I would definitely like to use it. The thing is that I don't have any swimming pools near me and for me it's difficult to go to one that I have far because it takes too much of my time and it interferes with my job, as in I have less time to get things done for being stuck in traffic for long. I think swimming is one of the greatest exercises if not the best, basically because you're exercising your whole body at the same time. I always advise everyone to swim everyday or at least three times a day.
[/quote]

It has to do with the salt. Sea water is salty so you have more buoyancy in it then you do in fresh water.
[/quote]

This is one little fact I didn't know. I personally have never swam in the sea. We live very far from the beach and the long drive there always puts me off. That's time that could be better spent by the pool side at my house. If I do eventually go at least now I already know that it won't be quite as hard to swim in the sea as it is in the pool.
(09-18-2016, 03:12 PM)AntonioCalcano Wrote: Sadly I don't use swimming as part of my routine but I would definitely like to use it. The thing is that I don't have any swimming pools near me and for me it's difficult to go to one that I have far because it takes too much of my time and it interferes with my job, as in I have less time to get things done for being stuck in traffic for long. I think swimming is one of the greatest exercises if not the best, basically because you're exercising your whole body at the same time. I always advise everyone to swim everyday or at least three times a day.

I'd also recommend that people swim as often as they can, but for some it's simply not possible and they're lucky if they can swim once or twice a month, never mind once or twice a week.

Here in the UK the government has provided more funding for leisure centres and so access is becoming better for people to be able to swim in local pools, but there is still a lot of work to be done to be able to get more people swimming.
I've done swimming in the past. My father persuaded me to learn how to swim by telling me it's an essential skill everyone should have. These words had a huge impact on me. I'm so glad I've learned it at the young age. Today, swimming helps me a lot. I go to the pool when my body feels a little bit tense.
I love swimming as well!
Especially on the beach where I can sunbathe and stuff!! Tongue
I love swimming and I'm so sad that the weather is getting cooler now and I won't be able to swim for a while, since there are no heated pools in my area. This is the best kind of full body exercise in my opinion because it's low impact and it's super fun.
Not as part of the training, no. But, generally I love swimming. I swim on alternate weekends and it really does help keep my body in shape. If someone's looking to build stamina or gain overall fitness, swimming is definitely the way to go. Although, I have felt that if you're looking to build mass, swimming doesn't help do that.
There is a swimming pool on top of the building where I live, but I can't swim. Actually, I'm having some difficulty trying to stay afloat. I also remember the time I attempted to dive into a swimming pool many years ago and I was drowning. Since then I just stay on the shallow areas of the pool. A shame though that because I am asthmatic, I never realized how good swimming actually is.

It has to do with the salt. Sea water is salty so you have more buoyancy in it then you do in fresh water.
[/quote]

This is one little fact I didn't know. I personally have never swam in the sea. We live very far from the beach and the long drive there always puts me off. That's time that could be better spent by the pool side at my house. If I do eventually go at least now I already know that it won't be quite as hard to swim in the sea as it is in the pool.
[/quote]

You are one of those unlucky people who have not had the chance of meeting the sea, of course. Swimming in the sea is really good, but sometimes the water is way too heavy and therefore, swimming in the sea would get you really tired.
(09-19-2016, 01:32 PM)stogian Wrote: I love swimming as well!
Especially on the beach where I can sunbathe and stuff!! Tongue

It's not easy swimming in the sea, but if you are able too I think that it's worth while. It's different from swimming in a pool because you have more buoyancy, but the waves can make it a challenge.