Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming
Swimming is a good way build up your resistance and your lungs capacity. I don't swim as often as I would like but I still manage to go swimming once or twice a week. Do you use swimming as part of your training?
Well, I like swimming whenever I hit the beach and that sort of thing, I have always been a sea lover and therefore, I must know how to swim, I also love swimming because I can somehow train my back and that's a plus.
(08-27-2016, 12:38 PM)Casiox Wrote: Well, I like swimming whenever I hit the beach and that sort of thing, I have always been a sea lover and therefore, I must know how to swim, I also love swimming because I can somehow train my back and that's a plus.

Swimming is a great way to get toned without building excessive muscle. It can also be very relaxing so if you are suffering from some sort of injury it can really help, but that would have to be in a pool.
Yes, I like swimming a lot! It's one of the best low-impact exercises in my opinion. It's actually oozing of health benefits! I don't swim as often as you do, but I make sure to swim at least once a month. It's really good for cardio training. Plus, it helps you relax and release stress. If only I have a private pool, then I can swim all I want.
(08-27-2016, 04:47 PM)SirJoe Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 12:38 PM)Casiox Wrote: Well, I like swimming whenever I hit the beach and that sort of thing, I have always been a sea lover and therefore, I must know how to swim, I also love swimming because I can somehow train my back and that's a plus.

Swimming is a great way to get toned without building excessive muscle. It can also be very relaxing so if you are suffering from some sort of injury it can really help, but that would have to be in a pool.

Well, swimming in a pool is way harder than swimming on the beach because the water is kinda heavier in pools, I do not really know why, but I personally feel it heavier when swimming. I really enjoy swimming on the beach because you have no limits and you can swim anywhere you want, unlike in the pools.
I love swimming - well, that and just idling about in the water (especially in the sea!) - but don't do it much now because I keep getting ear infections. I use swimseal (a product to protect the ears) and try to keep my head out of water, but it does mean that swimming has to be a rare treat now.
I also go swimming at least twice a week, and it's an important part of cardio training in my opinion. While a lot of people will go jogging and running, if for any reason you have to avoid those type of impact exercises due to injury then swimming is a good alternative. I actually prefer doing lengths in the pool than pounding the streets, but I'm one of the lucky ones as I have access to a pool in my gym, whereas I know that a lot of people don't, that's what makes it harder.
I think that Swimming is the best cardio training!
(09-01-2016, 04:26 AM)Casiox Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 04:47 PM)SirJoe Wrote:

Well, swimming in a pool is way harder than swimming on the beach because the water is kinda heavier in pools, I do not really know why, but I personally feel it heavier when swimming. I really enjoy swimming on the beach because you have no limits and you can swim anywhere you want, unlike in the pools.

It has to do with the salt. Sea water is salty so you have more buoyancy in it then you do in fresh water.
Swimming is really good for people who are just starting. It minimizes the pressure your knees and can prevent injuries as you gain strength to do other things. It kills me when I swim, my legs really feed like hell doing specially when I'm doing the egg beater. Somehow I get really, really hungry after swimming so watch out.