Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stretching after training
How important are your stretching exercises after each practice session?Though they demand an extra of 30min I rarely skip doing them. This is because if I rush out skipping my stretching session I can feel the pain in the muscles for the whole day. The muscles remain in a tensed condition which causes all the discomfort. Relaxing the muscles and bringing them back on their relaxed position is mandatory so as to prevent any muscle strain.

What about you are? I how particular are you for your stretching?
I prefer to do some stretching first before actually doing the tedious part to avoid injuries and muscle cramps. Stretching is mandatory for me because it provides you with an increased flexibility and a good muscle range. Also the possibility of having serious injury is much lesser than if you don't do stretching. And it helps you in preventing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), a situation wherein your muscles becomes sore and stiff for several days after a tiring work out.
Not just to make your muscles to relax, stretching also plays a great role in helping you get back to the normal body posture. Some times after extreme work out my body loses stability and stretch outs helps me out really greatly.
The stretches are important after and before the trainings. But unfortunately, many people find that doing them is silly and they do not do it, or when they do it... They do it quickly and badly.

Consciousness usually changes when some harm - for lack of them - happens. :-)
(08-11-2017, 10:22 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote: I prefer to do some stretching first before actually doing the tedious part to avoid injuries and muscle cramps. Stretching is mandatory for me because it provides you with an increased flexibility and a good muscle range. Also the possibility of having serious injury is much lesser than if you don't do stretching. And it helps you in preventing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), a situation wherein your muscles becomes sore and stiff for several days after a tiring work out.
I completely agree about DOMS. I have faced this once before. There was a time when I did not take stretching seriously. This led to a strained and cramped muscle, which caused continuous pain for a fortnight. This kept me away from my regular practice and workout. But a lesson once learned was a lesson for life. Now I always stretch before and after exercise.
(07-30-2017, 07:04 AM)amitkokiladitya Wrote: How important are your stretching exercises after each practice session?Though they demand an extra of 30min I rarely skip doing them. This is because if I rush out skipping my stretching session I can feel the pain in the muscles for the whole day. The muscles remain in a tensed condition which causes all the discomfort. Relaxing the muscles and bringing them back on their relaxed position is mandatory so as to prevent any muscle strain.

What about you are? I how particular are you for your stretching?

Well to me I prefer a little warm up and stretching before I venture into the real training. The warming up and stretches helps to wake up my body nerves and joints to get ready for the rigorous exercise.

After the strenuous exercise, I then prefer to rest and relax my muscles in order to prevent strains. Sometimes, I do prefer to just cool off in an ice bath.