Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muay Thai is not for kids
One sports commentator of mixed martial arts fights said that children should not indulge in Muay Thai or mixed martial arts because it is brutal to the young body. A permanent injury may be inflicted that can ruin the future of the child. Unlike boxing where the discipline involves less injuries, mixed martial arts can maim a fighter.
I think I cannot completely agree with you. Kids should be allowed to practice martial arts, but under strict supervision. Non-guided training can be harmful and lead to brutal injuries. But under the guidance of a good and experienced coach, I think martial arts training has many benefits.

Kids learn to develop focus and concentration. There is a vast increase in their working stamina and breathing abilities. They learn discipline and tend to live a better life. Martial arts training also helps to boost up their self confidence. With all these added advantages I think there is no harm in exposing kids to martial arts training.
(08-18-2017, 10:47 AM)Alexandoy Wrote: One sports commentator of mixed martial arts fights said that children should not indulge in Muay Thai or mixed martial arts because it is brutal to the young body. A permanent injury may be inflicted that can ruin the future of the child. Unlike boxing where the discipline involves less injuries, mixed martial arts can maim a fighter.

I totally agree with you on this. Muay Thai is not for kids because of its combative nature. It involves a whole lot of physicalities that if not properly handled might result to a serious injury which might hamper the child well being.

I think there should be a proper age one would have to attain before joining Muay Thai training. I would say 15 years upwards should be a proper age range.