Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivated for practice
What are the various measures by which a fighter can stay motivated for training and practice?
When I was a karate student, I would wake up at dawn because of excitement. Our training starts at 6am. My motivation lies in the popularity of karate in school. I was like a celebrity. Maybe you should condition your mind to be proud of your chosen martial arts. That would surely give you the motivation that you need to endure the hardship of training.
(06-10-2017, 11:25 AM)Alexandoy Wrote: When I was a karate student, I would wake up at dawn because of excitement. Our training starts at 6am. My motivation lies in the popularity of karate in school. I was like a celebrity. Maybe you should condition your mind to be proud of your chosen martial arts. That would surely give you the motivation that you need to endure the hardship of training.
You had a really nice reason to stay motivated. Regular practice needs a constant motivation. Your popularity was a stimulus big enough to make you step out of the house.
I think one of the most effective methods to stay motivated (at least one of the ones that I use the most) is to always remember what your goals are: "Why are you training?" or "What do you expect to achieve?"... Because that way you'll always end up coming back to what made you start training.
I think the best thing you can do to help yourself to stay motivated is to remember your big 'Why'. Why do you want to learn this sport and why do you want to get good at it? Your reasons will help you to stay on track and toward your particular goals. Remind yourself of them daily and every time that you feel a little lazy to train, remind yourself of all the benefits you're going to gain by following through with your training.
The more that you age and get into a routine, it does seem that the motivation is something that you need to actively try to keep up. Of course I think that this comes a lot easier to some than others, and for me not so much so I can take all the help I can get.