Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is running important to a fighter?
In my younger days, I thought all along that running is only for runners. I admit that I discounted the importance of running as part of the training. I have been concentrating on sparring and the so called “breaking” in karate which is using the hand to break things. Now I understand that running is the basic exercise of boxers and other fighters because it is the main thing that gives the body the stamina needed for a long fight.
That is correct that running is not only for those who join the race for marathon but it could be also one of the source to augment the stamina of a fighter especially boxers. However, I am wondering that practitioner of karate, judo is not indulging in runner for warming up. Why?
Running is one of the main exercises that all boxers and MMA fighters will do, in order to get there stamina up. I've boxed myself in the past and i have run many hundreds of miles over the years and it really is the best way to increase stamina. Speed and strength training are also important, but there's no point in being fast and strong if you haven't got the ability to last the distance in the first place.
It’s nоt. I dоn’t run. I fасе thе dаngеr…
Sеriоusly thоugh, аll jоking аsidе, аny sоrt оf еndurаnсе trаining will bе bеnеfiсiаl. It dоеsn’t nесеssаrily nееd tо bе running, but if thаt’s thе kind оf thing yоu еnjоy, thеn gо fоr it. Thе impоrtаnt thing hеrе is thаt inсrеаsing yоur еndurаnсе will inсrеаsе thе аmоunt оf timе yоu саn prасtiсе yоur mаrtiаl аrts, аnd inсrеаsing yоur prасtiсе timе inсrеаsеs yоur skill.
Thаt bеing sаid, I аm аlsо аn аdvосаtе оf using yоur mаrtiаl аrt fоrms аs аn еndurаnсе еxеrсisе. Mоst оf thе trаditiоnаl mаrtiаl аrts thаt rеly оn fоrms trаining fоr trаnsmitting thе prinсiplеs аnd tесhniquеs оf thе systеm аlsо hаvе built intо thеm thе саpаbility tо trаnsfоrm thе bоdy intо whаt it nееds tо bе fоr еffесtivе аppliсаtiоn, thrоugh prоpеr prасtiсе оvеr timе.
it dеpеnds оn yоu аnd оn thе аrt yоu prасtiсе. If yоu fееl thаt yоur еndurаnсе соuld usе а bооst, lасе up thоsе snеаkеrs аnd gо. Оr ridе а bikе. оr prасtiсе yоur fоrms 10 timеs pеr dаy. Dо whаt wоrks fоr yоu.
I'll be surprised to learn if fightersuch as soon Ithe judo men and boxers do not partake in running to keep fit and build stamina. personally I see this form of exercise as one that every sportman and woman should routinely involved. It's one easy cheap way to exercise the whole body.
Running may not be a decisive factor, but it's certainly very important because running can definitely increase the physical endurance of the body, and this is critical for any fighter that really seeks to prepare in the best possible way (not to mention all the other benefits that this activity brings to health in general... for example: How to provide better breathing).
Floyd Mayweather is a runner in the ring. After his victory over Manny Pacquiao, people are saying that Mayweather should have joined the marathon instead. His style of running did not sit well with the spectators. But if he did not train in running then he couldn't have evaded the attacks of Pacquiao. I guess most athletes should have a good training in effective running as a weapon in his particular sport.
While running certainly builds up stamina and lung power I don't think it is the only power enduring exercise.

It certainly is the cheapest and most beneficial exercise that brings you in direct contact with nature.

Whatever works for you to give you the stamina should ideally be incorporated in your routine.
I couldn't agree more about the importance of running to a fighter, if you don't run then don't fight. Here's a reference that explains more.
http://www.muaythaischolar.com/running-in-thailand/