Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How may days a week do you mainly practice?
I'm 2 days solid every week for the last couple of years. I'll do 3 and 4 sometimes, but there's no way I'm going 4 days without a session anymore. It keeps me sharp and I enjoy my dojo time, I don't know about you Smile
Enjoying it makes a huge difference I think, to how many times you will go. If you're only going out of habit or because you feel that you have to, then it won't matter how many times you go, your heart won't be in it and you'll end up only there in body and not in mind and spirit as needed.
Well to be quite honest the answer is not enough, but on a good week I can get two or three nights in. It has been pretty crazy for me lately though just in terms of life getting in the way and work and all of that stuff, but certainly I am not alone there and we all know what I am talking about. I wish I could just get into that mode whenever I wanted to do an everyday thing, but that is just not the case.
Right now with all the activity involved with getting my university degree I'm lucky if I get to train one day a week but I still workout at home to stay in shape for when this whole mess is over.
I practice about once a week. I haven’t had that much time to practice lately because I live in United States. Most of us spend our time making money. It is a drag because you have to spend time making money to the point where you don’t have time for anything else. In any event, I try to get a good work out when I can. I work on the legs and elbows. I work on combinations. You have to practice your combination so will when you get into a real fight you know how to use your moves. In the future I’m going to start practicing more because I am very out of shape.
Time is a precious commodity for a lot of us these days, and it is hard to stick to a training schedule sometimes due to other commitments.

We might think that if we're not training for a particular fight or tournament then it doesn't really matter all that much, but if our bodies get too used to not training on a regular basis, it can be hard to stay in shape and perform effectively when we do find the time.
Around 3 times a week I guess, couple hours each day.

Not including gym time, that's just straight training like sparring/bags/rope.
I try to keep a frequency of at least 3 to 4 times a week (and it's more then anough for me). In a few weeks I train for 5 days, but this only happens when I'm very inspired or when I plan to enter some competition.

I think my maximum workout limit was 6 times a week, many years ago.