Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you ever broken any bones?
I usually have a rigid schedule of training (although my focus isn't on the championships... it's more a matter of maintaining health on rails), but I've never gone so far as to break any one of my bones (whether in training or championship fights).

I think this is a limit that I'll never exceed in my life (mainly because I love my bones).
Every fighter would have to be extra careful not to break his bones during a fight. So it is no wonder that you should be doing that too by trying your best to defend yourself from breaking your bones while training and more so during the fight.

You are undergoing a training to make yourself alert, active and could endure to any tough fights and protecting your bones for that matter is the utmost concern of yours.
Each training session is associated with a rusk of breaking bones. A small moment of distraction and negligence can make you pay big price. Bones once broken means a lot of physical inconvenience and loss of practice until the body regains form.
(06-10-2017, 11:44 AM)amitkokiladitya Wrote: Each training session is associated with a rusk of breaking bones. A small moment of distraction and negligence can make you pay big price. Bones once broken means a lot of physical inconvenience and loss of practice until the body regains form.

A moment of distraction can actually cause a lot of headaches (physically, financially and psychologically speaking). It's essential to always be alert and since this is not such an easy activity to do, it takes a lot of training.
I went a good amount of my life thinking I was lucky and having broken no bones, and then sure enough in a matter of two or three years I broke three bones. One was just a finger and was not bad, but my collar bone put me out for a good amount of time.
I haven't broken any bone in the process of training, although I have sustained severe injuries but bones spared. I tend to take great care whenever I am on training or having a combat. Being very strong physically is one great quality necessary to keep the body and bones firm no matter the impact.
I was lucky to have avoided severe injuries during my younger years. Especially when training in karate, breaking hollow blocks and plywood boards was the in thing that almost all karatekas were into it. But my father was wise to warn me that I might end up breaking my knuckles in doing that. By the way, my best friend suffered a fractured forearm when we were playing basketball. It was an accident that had his arm in cast for 3 months. To think that we were teenagers, it was sad that he couldn't join the games and other activities.

Now that I am a senior, I am very careful with my bones because they say that a broken bone may not heal anymore at my age.
I have had a badly broken leg , and it was from a horseback riding accident. I had purchased a horse that turned out not to be very well broke, and when I was getting on the horse, she started bucking violently. I had to either finish getting on, or get back off; so that is what I decided to to. As I was dismounting, the horse was still bucking very hard and her back hoof came down on my leg, and broke it in tow like you might pop a hot dog in half, with just the skin holding my leg together inside my riding boots.
I spent the next six months in a cast and slowly healing up. This is an experience that I never want to repeat; so taking care of you body is a very important thing.
I broke both my ankles on (stupid) unrelated to training accidents. Both were at different times within the same year and I had to wear a cast for 2 months each time. So almost half of the year I was bedridden and ill humored. It got me thinking, you can really break a bone everywhere doing anything. It made me more aware and careful of my body and the things around me that could potentially harm me.
Sure. I had a Bennet fracture (very annoying fracture and prone to complications) of my right thumb and a fracture of one of the metacarpal bones of my right hand. All in all just a 2 fractures in 7 years of intense training of Muay Thai (one of them from a street fight). Not that bad :-)
Addicted to Muay Thai
http://www.effectivemuaythai.com/