Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hоw mаny dаys оf rеst shоuld yоu tаkе whеn yоu аrе fееling fаtiguеd in trаining?
I agree to those who say that you should listen to your body. There is no a correct answer to this question. It doesn't matter if you lose a week of training in order to feel better. Your body will be grateful if you let it rest for a few days. There is nothing better for your body, remember it. You should not force yourself if you need rest. However, that doesn't mean that you should become lazy. Don't do that to your body, keep yourself up, ride a bike, do some easier exercises and go back to training when you're ready.
(08-17-2016, 09:32 PM)greenlady5 Wrote: I agree to those who say that you should listen to your body. There is no a correct answer to this question. It doesn't matter if you lose a week of training in order to feel better. Your body will be grateful if you let it rest for a few days. There is nothing better for your body, remember it. You should not force yourself if you need rest. However, that doesn't mean that you should become lazy. Don't do that to your body, keep yourself up, ride a bike, do some easier exercises and go back to training when you're ready.

You are absolutely right, our body will always let us know how much time we should rest for and when we're going to be able to keep working out again, it's such an amazing thing, there is where you realize the human body is one of the most amazing things in this world, nature is basically awesome.
Maybe you should try doing your workout every other day because I think doing it five days straight is too much, especially if your workout is intense. That's how I do it and, personally, I think that kind of routine is effective. But it will really depend on the person. You'll have to try different workout schedules to find what is best suited for you. And, like what the other members said, listen to your body and don't overdo it. I hope this helps. Smile
(08-17-2016, 09:32 PM)greenlady5 Wrote: I agree to those who say that you should listen to your body. There is no a correct answer to this question. It doesn't matter if you lose a week of training in order to feel better. Your body will be grateful if you let it rest for a few days. There is nothing better for your body, remember it. You should not force yourself if you need rest. However, that doesn't mean that you should become lazy. Don't do that to your body, keep yourself up, ride a bike, do some easier exercises and go back to training when you're ready.

Well there you go, and it is all about finding that balance. Not getting lazy is something that you always want to avoid, but I would even say be careful to even get close to that point, in my experience at least. I just know that I am a person of habit, so I need to stay on top of myself to keep up my workout routine. Thanks for sharing.
All you need is one full day of rest between activities if you are beginning to feel physically fatigued. As others have recommended, I'd suggest you switch to a one on/one off approach but with a mild physical activity on your off day as opposed to no activity. Your body will tell you what it needs! You should never be scare to push your limits, but you also should never forget that mistreating your body can result in injury and an end to your Muay Thai career before it even starts!
(08-22-2016, 03:48 PM)jackgetsguap Wrote: All you need is one full day of rest between activities if you are beginning to feel physically fatigued. As others have recommended, I'd suggest you switch to a one on/one off approach but with a mild physical activity on your off day as opposed to no activity. Your body will tell you what it needs! You should never be scare to push your limits, but you also should never forget that mistreating your body can result in injury and an end to your Muay Thai career before it even starts!

You're somewhat right, but I do not really think that a single day will do all the work, you have to take as much rest as your body requires to recover all you had lost, however, it definitely depends on how hard you trained and all that sort of thing, but it definitely has to take larger amounts of rest, that's my opinion though.
I would say take about 2 days off so that your body can get back the fuel it's needs to keep on going. Think of it like a car if you don't put oil and gas and make sure nothing's wrong with it then it won't run because it need all the fuel. I would also say maybe do maybe a short 20 minute jog on the 2 days of to keep your muscles ready, basically warm duo's.
(08-22-2016, 05:30 PM)Casiox Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 03:48 PM)jackgetsguap Wrote: All you need is one full day of rest between activities if you are beginning to feel physically fatigued. As others have recommended, I'd suggest you switch to a one on/one off approach but with a mild physical activity on your off day as opposed to no activity. Your body will tell you what it needs! You should never be scare to push your limits, but you also should never forget that mistreating your body can result in injury and an end to your Muay Thai career before it even starts!

You're somewhat right, but I do not really think that a single day will do all the work, you have to take as much rest as your body requires to recover all you had lost, however, it definitely depends on how hard you trained and all that sort of thing, but it definitely has to take larger amounts of rest, that's my opinion though.

If I understood correctly what jackgetsguap was saying is that you shouldn't train two days consecutively. In other words that you rest every other day.
It's different for all individuals. Everyone has there own level of fitness and health. Try to listen to what your body is telling you. The human is a really excellent machine and it has it's own ways of telling you when something is wrong.
Constant watching the clock tells me that you're having a mental block with your training. Is there something else going on in your life right now? Are you sleeping well? It might help if you took a bit of time out for a few days. Spend that time getting your sleep pattern right. Go to bed at the same time every night. Get up at the same time every day, even if you have to use an alarm clock. Make sure you eat breakfast and healthy fruit and vegetables throughout the day. Perhaps even try some meditation. You should find yourself feeling better in no time at all and able to get back to training effectively.