Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hоw mаny dаys оf rеst shоuld yоu tаkе whеn yоu аrе fееling fаtiguеd in trаining?
If yоu аrе fееling fаtiguеd in trаining hоw mаny dаys dо yоu rесоmmеnd tаking оff? I hаvе bееn trаining 5 dаys а wееk аnd I stаrtеd gеtting thе fееling thаt I might bе оvеr trаinеd. My pоwеr is fееling lоw аnd I аm соnstаntly lооking аt thе сlосk whеn I аm in thе rоund. Dо yоu rесоmmеnd tаking rеst dаys оff if yоu gеt fаtiguеd оr is it bеttеr tо trаin thrоugh it?
5 hard days a week is a lot. I would say listen to your body: it seems to be telling you to take a break. Have a day off, do a little less every couple of days. Your body needs time away to recover, repair, and come back stronger.
It also depends on how intense your workout is. Usually, for every five days of working out, you'll require at least a day to relax and repair your muscles. In your case, your body is already starting to feel strained as a result of your workout. You also have to make sure that you do not accidentally tear your muscles by training too much. You can push your muscles to the limit, but no more if you are already feeling the pain.
5 days of hard training a week is a lot for anyone, and I've always been told that 3 times a week is more than enough because it's important to make sure you get your rest days in between. That way as well, you don't get too fatigued and over train as I think that's quite a common problem, and especially for people who are new to training as they try to do too much, too quickly.
I remember doing 5 days a week, twice a day. Monday you feel great because of the days off. Come Thursday, you are really beat, and you just want the week to be over already. So I've been there. You might want to take a mid week day off to help with healing process, or it could be that you are not getting enough rest in between workouts. Most of us have full time jobs and you are left with no down time once you get home at days end. Not much you can do about cutting work. That comes first. It's either you take a mid week rest or you start sacrificing other activities besides work. Just got straight home and relax. Also you might load up on your supplements. You might not be getting enough nutrients for repair.
Well it certainly depends on the person. For me, it is kind of difficult because I know that there is a point where me not doing anything will just result in more procrastinating, so I have to be sure to try and keeping moving with my routine, at least as much as that is possible. Even more than one day I start to get a little nervous, but that is just me. Listen to your body, it knows what it needs.
I do 6 days week, but 3 of those days are very light and for learning something new. So in reality, I am only really working hard 3 days a week. I think the science is already pretty conclusive that most of the old day, the guys were overtraining. But I do think you should be in the gym doing something almost every day, just to keep yourself loose.
It's one thing keeping loose though and another thing training in a gym environment everyday though. I do agree that on your so called rest days you still have to do some sort of exercise just to make sure you don't stiffen up too much, but at the same time, every time I go into a gym I'll often get carried away, so maybe on the light days, or the rest days, some light jogging or cycling might be an alternative instead?
I firmly believe that training, sleep and Nutrition all need to be in perfect balance for you to train at that level. So if your training is not progressing then its the other two elements that are out of balance with your training. That unfortunately means either backing off on the training or improving the other two, Do you think there is room for improvement with sleep and nutrition or are you at your limit?
My advice to you would be to listen to your body and rest as needed. However, I would also try to prevent fatigue in training by crosstraining, playing other sports on the side. It is tough to maintain focus and love for one sport, one thing that you are doing 5 days a week or more. That is why you should take the time and maybe take up a more relaxing, less physically grueling sport—golf, tennis, jogging. This relaxes your body while keeping you in good shape.