Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hоw lоng dоеs it tаkе tо bесоmе gооd аt kiсkbоxing/muаy thаi?
(09-05-2016, 08:15 AM)John Snort Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 02:18 PM)SirJoe Wrote: There are people that just don't have good coordination and those might never get there or if they do, they will take much longer.
I think if you have coordination issues that's a good enough reason to start learning Muay Thai.

Fact is most beginners lack coordination when they begin their training but they learn these things and it can take time. The speed at which they learn will vary from individual to individual but lack of coordination doesn't present that huge a problem to instructors.

That is true even if they don't reach a pro level, their coordination will certainly improve. As you say that is more then enough reason to learn Muy Thai.
This is just something that depends on the person and their ability to learn and grasp new concepts. For me, this means that it will take some time, as I am not the best at things like this. I would like to think that I am getting better, though, and with time I think that we all do to an extent. Hard work and practice certainly pay off though, like most other things. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.
I think this kind of question doesn't have a specific answer (for being very subjective). Each person has a specific genetics (and they're as varied as possible) and a different rhythm of training. The advance will depend exclusively on the willpower of each one (and the professionals who are guiding the training).

Obviously, a lot of intense workouts can allow for faster progress... But quantity doesn't always mean quality.
With regard to Thai boxing: you can learn a good amount of the basics in 3 months, and get pretty good at the basics and using them with a partner, including sparring, in 6 months.

The only thing is that ability in fighting is directly related to… fighting. The number of fights and the results, and therefore your fight record. This means how many fights and what the proportion of wins is. Any kind of real fight will count.