Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hоw lоng dоеs it tаkе tо bесоmе gооd аt kiсkbоxing/muаy thаi?
The only man you have to compete against is yourself. Remember that clearly. Yeah, it will take you a lot of effort to become a well-disciplined and self-reliant (sports)person. Don't skip trainings for some stupid excuses.
This can depend on a lot of things. I think after 6 months of training you could be decent at it. But that also depends on how intense your practice is, how accurate your practice is and the amount of time you practice for. My boyfriend played professional tennis in China. He practiced over 6 hours a day 6 days a week. With that schedule he moved up the ranks very quickly and became one of the top 4 players in China. However, if you are not looking to be a professional, I think you could still become pretty good with the routine you described in 6 months. My advice is to just stay committed. Smile
It depends on your dedication and skill as well as desire to excel. That goes for Muay Thai as well as any other martial art. When I was training in TKD I would always allot some time to visit the gym an hour before class, practicing my forms before coming to class. Sometimes I would practice along with the younger trainees during their promotion test, though I don't participate in the test proper. I practiced my TKD moves while working out at a hospital gym. I have to admit that I'm still not good enough even though some say my skills are already decent. I think it has to do with my age, as I am no longer able to compete in tournaments. I'm already 35 years old and I only began training in TKD at 32.
This is purely dependent on the person doing the training. Someone can take a very short or a very long time to be good. It's all about dedication and pushing through. Some people also have natural talent for it while some have to work a bit harder. It varies in my opinion.
It is difficult to answer because it can vary from person to person. For me 3 years...
I think, it will still depend on the person's ability. There are people who are naturally fast at learning something and there are those who takes quite some time to learn. But I think that no matter how long it may take, a person who works hard and doesn't give up will still surely get there.
You can't really put a time table on how or when you will become competent. Everyone learns at their own pace. You might even find that the way you are being taught is not meeting your needs and you must switch up how you train or who you are trained by. Muay Thai is one of those things that you will always be a student of. Constant practice is key to success. Muay Thai is a passion and hobby for myself which is why I do not mind devoting my free time to it. I would say that is the best way to look at it. Training just to become good at it will probably lead to failure. Really wanting to learn and continuing education is key!
(08-22-2016, 06:29 PM)ad.mike2016 Wrote: You can't really put a time table on how or when you will become competent. Everyone learns at their own pace. You might even find that the way you are being taught is not meeting your needs and you must switch up how you train or who you are trained by. Muay Thai is one of those things that you will always be a student of. Constant practice is key to success. Muay Thai is a passion and hobby for myself which is why I do not mind devoting my free time to it. I would say that is the best way to look at it. Training just to become good at it will probably lead to failure. Really wanting to learn and continuing education is key!

You really have a point there, it will mostly depend on how hard you work to make yourself feel prepared for anything bigger, that's how the human beigs work, we need preparation for anything we may want to achieve in this world, that was such a good opinion though.
I don't think that there is only one answer that will be correct, it depends on what sort of shape you were when you started off and if you have done any martial arts before. There are people that just don't have good coordination and those might never get there or if they do, they will take much longer.
(08-26-2016, 02:18 PM)SirJoe Wrote: There are people that just don't have good coordination and those might never get there or if they do, they will take much longer.
I think if you have coordination issues that's a good enough reason to start learning Muay Thai.

Fact is most beginners lack coordination when they begin their training but they learn these things and it can take time. The speed at which they learn will vary from individual to individual but lack of coordination doesn't present that huge a problem to instructors.