Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighting more than once in a night
I am quite puzzled with Glory Championship because they hold quartefinal fights aside from the semi finals and finals. That means a fighter has the probability of fighting 3 times in one night. Isn't that a clear abuse of the body? To think that Glory fights sometimes end in a knockout, I can imagine the severe punishment that the winning and losing fighters in the finals receive.
High competition sports are always an abuse of the body, but at the same time those guys are very well prepared to fight. Just yesterday (and switching to an unrelated sport), I was watching Australian Open semi-final, and Nadal and Dimitrov were playing for 5 hours...! Who can endure that?
That would certainly be exhausting, but I guess it all really comes down to what you are used to and what you have prepared and trained for. For someone who prepared for this regularly, maybe it is not that big of a deal once you get used to it.
Fighting from the quarter final stage to the very final as seen in Glory Championship fight would really be exhausting. Come to think of it do the fighters have to labour all that time before a winner can be decided. I think semifinal and the final encounters are enough to get the winner.
(01-28-2017, 04:56 PM)rz3300 Wrote: That would certainly be exhausting, but I guess it all really comes down to what you are used to and what you have prepared and trained for. For someone who prepared for this regularly, maybe it is not that big of a deal once you get used to it.

Exactly, it's all a matter of training and how fit we are. Preparing for competition, athletes need to be aware of the hours the even will last to get adequate preparation or else they might get worn out when they need energy the most.
This is too much. It is already an abuse of the fighter's body. It could kill herself or himself. That means it is clear way of committing a suicide. I wonder why fighters are indulging themselves on that kind of fighting. As far as I know, nobody could survive fighting. If he or she does, he would be totally drained of her/his strength for sure.
It's too much sure, but they are prepared for that. That is why they retire way sooner than the average worker, they are high competition athletes, and they receive big sums of money for making things most of us can't. It's just part of the show, part of the game.
Particularly I think this isn't very healthy because the physical and the psychological usually get very shaken after a fight.

However, the fighters who decide to practice the sport in such a heavy mode must be fully aware of how much it must be a disciplined person in every possible way because the level of commitment is too high.
I wish that I could just return to that one point in my life where I could handle the multiple workouts a day with no issues at all. It was not a long period of time, but boy was it nice.
I think it all depends on conditioning the body. It sute is exhausting but they have been trained.

As long as the fights end up being short ones it is fine as these are less tiresome than the longer ones. Longer ones can be exhausting.