Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite figthers
Video 
So who are your favorite Muay Thai fighters? If we are strictly speaking Muay Thai, I would say it's Saenchai. He's a beast, and he often gives his opponents weight advantages that surpass his category, and still beats them. Watching him fight it's like the guy is in the matrix.

Here's a highlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxBopyyImI
My Favourite is John Wayne Parr but thats mostly because i'm Australian so it could be me being patriotic

Saenchai is an absolute legend tho, he just stands with such confidence in the ring

That video was really cool too, I just wasted an hour watching saenchai videos so thanks for that
Haha, I've heard of John Wayne Parr, but haven't really seen him fight, so I'll check him out. Come to think of it, I don't know much about the Australian scene, even though it seems pretty developed.
And Saenchai is well known for his ring control. Some people call him just fear-immune, but I think it's calculated genius.
Jean-Charles Skarbowsky. Great fighter from the 90s, broke his hand and was told by doctors he'll probably never fight again and it took him two years, but he made his return and continued to fight at the highest level. I had a pleasure of watching him somewhere in the 2000s and you just can't not love the dude. Years later, when MMA got popular I watched Ultimate Fighter where he appeared as GSP's coach and he was infamous for showing up drunk and still kicking everybody's ass.
I know he is really a K1 star more than Muay Thai but Buakaw Por Pramuk. He really has done more to raise the image of Muay Thai around the world than any other fighter and is a big reason why many people get into the sport. Sure there are probably better examples of pure Muay Thai but he deserves a spot amognst the greats.

Also I watched Buakaw v Skarbowsky after reading your post. Skarbowsky took a kick to head like it was nothing he is a seriously hardcore guy.

Heres a link to the fight on youtube if anyone else wants to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656o5-D-WOQ#t=1063
[Image: tumblr_n1zr0ws8tc1sn0te7o1_500.gif]

Saenchai is just too sick, lol.

Watching him flying knee kick is like watching some Tony Jaa movies
(12-22-2015, 02:30 PM)Astdua Wrote: [Image: tumblr_n1zr0ws8tc1sn0te7o1_500.gif]

Saenchai is just too sick, lol.

Watching him flying knee kick is like watching some Tony Jaa movies

That is just plain awesome. I'm going to pull down as much of his fights as I can from youtube and see if I can get a best of compilation.
(12-03-2015, 12:53 PM)HugoBaby Wrote: I know he is really a K1 star more than Muay Thai but Buakaw Por Pramuk. He really has done more to raise the image of Muay Thai around the world than any other fighter and is a big reason why many people get into the sport. Sure there are probably better examples of pure Muay Thai but he deserves a spot amognst the greats.

Also I watched Buakaw v Skarbowsky after reading your post. Skarbowsky took a kick to head like it was nothing he is a seriously hardcore guy.

Heres a link to the fight on youtube if anyone else wants to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656o5-D-WOQ#t=1063

Oh yeah, he's a kick boxer first and foremost, but just crazy awesome to watch regardless.
Remy Bonjaski is one of my favorite fighters out of Europe. Buakaw is another one. Look him up on youtube breaking down a banana tree lol.
(11-26-2015, 09:31 AM)Astdua Wrote: So who are your favorite Muay Thai fighters? If we are strictly speaking Muay Thai, I would say it's Saenchai. He's a beast, and he often gives his opponents weight advantages that surpass his category, and still beats them. Watching him fight it's like the guy is in the matrix.

Here's a highlight video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxBopyyImI

Holy shit, that was amazing. Does this guy still fight?