Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earnings of a pro Muay Thai fighter
I think Muay Thai fighters who are professionals earn more than those who are beginners. Though I don't have any idea how much do they (amateurs) earn compared to professionals, I believe they can also earn a huge amount once they have their break, same with boxing. So I think you can make a career out of it.
I am curious as to how much this can vary and what the real factors are that weigh into it. I am sure there are some leagues that are more profitable, but I am not sure by how much.
(12-25-2016, 04:18 PM)Jasmin Cottontail Wrote: I think Muay Thai fighters who are professionals earn more than those who are beginners. Though I don't have any idea how much do they (amateurs) earn compared to professionals, I believe they can also earn a huge amount once they have their break, same with boxing. So I think you can make a career out of it.

I don't think amateurs make huge amounts, not even close. If they won huge amounts they would be professionals, being an amateur is by definition being low paid and most likely they simply do it on their free time. They need to be the best to become pro.
I don't have much knowledge about the financial aspect (considering that this sport isn't so widely recognized worldwide I think the value shouldn't be so encouraging) because I practice these sport just to maintain my health and for fun (a way to combat my daily stress and it's pretty effective).
That's the most important in any sport @shine_spirit, that we do it because we love it. But precisely because we love it, we might get to that level where we can get pro, and start making money. If there is TV involved, certainly there is big money. Wink