Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentaries
Any of you guys/gurls watch Muay Thai documentaries?
If so where and what ones? I scout YouTube occasionally. My flat mate does BJJ so we occasionally share the viewing on the net!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have never seen any Muay thai documentaries. I wish there were more on the TV, because as a Muay Thai student , i would love to watch more of those. If you find any let me know so i can watch them too and maybe we can comment on it! Smile
There are actually a lot of them out there but I haven't been fortunate enough to catch one live myself. If you search the internet however, you should be able to find some especially on YouTube. Here is one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOCfuB8W2U
I've only ever watched a few short documentaries on YouTube about Muay Thai but I think that's got more to do with the types of programs I watch, rather than my lack of interest.

I'm sure if you're interested in documentaries and Muay Thai then there are dozens of shows to pick from and some that even might help with your training, but I'm just not into watching factual shows such as them.
(06-09-2016, 12:05 PM)Belovedad Wrote: There are actually a lot of them out there but I haven't been fortunate enough to catch one live myself. If you search the internet however, you should be able to find some especially on YouTube. Here is one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOCfuB8W2U

I've seen this one! Wasn't bad. There's tons on BJJ!

With sites such as YouTube getting more and more popular, while people having access to information on these sites is generally a good thing, at the same time there's a risk that some people will rely on these instead of actually being physically taught in a gym.

You're going to get some people that will watch these videos and think that all of a sudden they're a master, and that won't be the case at all, as you aren't going to learn all that much just from watching a video.
I have watched a few Muay Thai documentaries though not all of them are from YouTube. There are a few documentaries in YouTube though. But here's a few of my favourite Muay Thai documentaries that I'd like to share with you:

1. Eight Limbs: Life of a Nak Muay. It has about four episodes which discusses what Muay Thai is all about though four different perspectives.

2. Fight Girls. This is more like a reality show about seven girls being trained by Master Toddy. At the end, only one of them will win and fight against other female Muay Thai fighters in Thailand.

3. Taboo: Child Boxers of Thailand. Features children boxers from Thailand.

4. Raised in the Ring. Again, another documentary about child fighters in Northern Thailand.

5. Buffalo Girls. A documentary about girls who fight in Muay Thai to support their families.

As you can see, these are mostly documentaries about children who fight in their young age. I recommend watching these because it's truly compelling and heart breaking but at the same time, a harsh reality in such countries like Thailand.
^ Wow, nice, thanks for the recs Smile Got my plate full again all of a sudden, I've never been into documentaries but these are so intriguing Big Grin
(06-12-2016, 02:14 AM)Haruka Wrote: I have watched a few Muay Thai documentaries though not all of them are from YouTube. There are a few documentaries in YouTube though. But here's a few of my favourite Muay Thai documentaries that I'd like to share with you:

1. Eight Limbs: Life of a Nak Muay. It has about four episodes which discusses what Muay Thai is all about though four different perspectives.

2. Fight Girls. This is more like a reality show about seven girls being trained by Master Toddy. At the end, only one of them will win and fight against other female Muay Thai fighters in Thailand.

3. Taboo: Child Boxers of Thailand. Features children boxers from Thailand.

4. Raised in the Ring. Again, another documentary about child fighters in Northern Thailand.

5. Buffalo Girls. A documentary about girls who fight in Muay Thai to support their families.

As you can see, these are mostly documentaries about children who fight in their young age. I recommend watching these because it's truly compelling and heart breaking but at the same time, a harsh reality in such countries like Thailand.

Thanks fpr sharing these!

One I can recommend is Muay Thai: Born For The Fight. It is available on YouTube for free here. It is embedded below.

"Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring."—Sugar Ray Leonard