Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craving after working out?
(10-07-2016, 12:59 PM)AntonioCalcano Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 10:56 AM)zonemik Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 10:38 AM)John Snort Wrote: Whether you get cravings or not you need to eat something after working out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, energy drinks — anything that will help you recover your energy quickly. That actually is why you'll get cravings after working out. It's your body telling you that it needs "fuel" for post exercise metabolism.

I think the food rich in protein will be the best because they are good for the energy. High-calorie food will be not healthy but medium calorie energy food are good.

Yes, indeed protein is the most important food because all our muscles and bones benefit from it, proteins are the building blocks of our lives.

I've eaten hot dogs and hamburgers after working out, it doesn't really affect me that much because I have an elevated metabolism and it's fine as long as I dont abuse.
(10-09-2016, 04:18 PM)Casiox Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 10:38 AM)John Snort Wrote: Whether you get cravings or not you need to eat something after working out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, energy drinks — anything that will help you recover your energy quickly. That actually is why you'll get cravings after working out. It's your body telling you that it needs "fuel" for post exercise metabolism.

I think the food rich in protein will be the best because they are good for the energy. High-calorie food will be not healthy but medium calorie energy food are good.

Yes, indeed protein is the most important food because all our muscles and bones benefit from it, proteins are the building blocks of our lives.

I've eaten hot dogs and hamburgers after working out, it doesn't really affect me that much because I have an elevated metabolism and it's fine as long as I dont abuse.

Hahaha yes, the best thing is to eat a lot of what you really love just if you're gonna be having a hard workout because if you're not then it could be harmful.
(10-16-2016, 06:00 PM)AntonioCalcano Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 04:18 PM)Casiox Wrote:

That's really accurate, indeed.

Hahaha yes, the best thing is to eat a lot of what you really love just if you're gonna be having a hard workout because if you're not then it could be harmful.

Yes, that's really accurate and true, it happens a lot.
(09-15-2016, 02:25 PM)AntonioCalcano Wrote: Don't you ever feel cravings after working out and feel like wanting to eat a lot? I usually feel this way sometimes and I've found out that it comes down to what you eat and how often you eat; for example if you eat too much then you may get cramps, if you eat too little then you get these cravings, you have to eat the right amount at the right time, usually small meals throughout the day.

I noticed that when I eat about 2 hours before the gym, I'm actually not that hungry afterwards. I get by with just a candy bar for sugar, and later on I'll eat my ass off. There have been days when I finish the gym and go home or to a restaurants and eat burgers, or tacos. That was mainly because I had little or nothing to eat before I went to the gym.

I used to go to the gym when I woke up without breakfast, I don't recommend doing that.
Funny, I've been like this all the time but I came to counter this by eating oat meal before my work out. Oat meal has been a big help to be because it counters hunger pangs after every workout. The reason why the body is like this after training is because it wants to replenish lost energy.
There are times I crave for sweets right after work out but I just simply ignore it by drinking water and eating fruits. I normally eat breakfast right after work out and this actually works for me since I won't have the time to work out the entire day due to busy schedules.
I found that if I ate very much for breakfast before we went to the fitness center, then I had trouble with doing my swimming and exercises, and felt full when I didn't want to feel that way.
So, then, I didn't eat any breakfast at all before we went to the fitness center, and that was not good either. Because I hadn't eaten since the afternoon before, it was almost a 20 hour fast, and I got tired sooner.
The answer that works for me is coffee with cream in the morning, since cream gives energy that lasts, and then I take along a low-carb protein drink.
I drink part of the protein drink before I go and exercise, and then after swimming and water exercises, I drink the rest of the protein drink.
This way, I have plenty of energy for exercising, and still not too much food in my digestive system.
When I get back home again, I am not starving like I was when I skipped breakfast altogether, and I usually make a cottage cheese and tomato salad on lettuce, and that seems to satisfy me completely for my food and nutrition requirements.
I was in an eatery one time when I chanced upon 3 guys eating in the nearby table. From their conversation, I learned the youger 2 guys are tae kwon do students and the older one is the instructor. One student complained that he still feels hungry after finishing the food on his plate. The instructor suggested for the student to order another food. It is natural to eat more when you are training since you burn more calories and you need more food to build more muscles.
Working out without eating or on an empty stomach is just something that I have never been able to do, nor really wanted to do. That just sounds miserable, and if anything I would at least need a granola bar or SOMETHING so that I do not get that emptiness feeling that is almost painful.
In addition to what I've mentioned, I was told that cutting down sugar intake helps in reducing your craving for food. I personally avoid taking sugar because of its negative effects most specially if you are active in sports.