Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craving after working out?
I find it totally normal to have some cravings after a workout and I believe that it indicates that you have done a decent job. The body wants to replace the energy that has been lost during exercise, you should only be careful to eat clean at that time!
Absolutely yes I do get cravings after working out. I purposely just drink water though. I leave eating till at least two hours after training. I am concerned that if I eat any sooner that I would feel sick and maybe actually be sick. I like to give time for my body to relax before making my tum start working.
Every time I finish a work out, I am sometimes tempted to crave so much food, especially during the morning after arriving home from the gym. To be honest, I am very likely to put on pounds because my stomach feels like it needs energy. However, I am now trying to resist the urge to eat too much. In fact, my mother wanted me to finish eating my pasta last night, but I decided that I will eat the leftover pasta the next morning because I feel completely full. Actually, I had to control my diet, and it has paid off. I will be visiiting the gym later this afternoon.
Yeah, I've been familiar with that. Trainings require a lot of your energy that needs to be restored somehow. Sleep is arguably the best option possible. Binge eating is not that cool and can cause you some extra weight.
I guess we should learn to listen to our bodies more seeing as they will always tell us when we are 'running low' on certain nutrients. I like the way Azrile explains it. I've never heard it put quite that way before. It makes total sense. Our body makes us crave proteins when it's running short of amino-acids and it makes us crave sugar when it's running low on calories. I guess the solution would be to focus more on a healthier diet that meets all of your nutrient needs so that you don't experience these cravings.
I have noticed in recent years a craving for chocolate milk during recovery. I'm not entirely sure why, but there are worse things to drink after a workout. So, as such, I am not going to sweat it much.
"Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring."—Sugar Ray Leonard
(09-19-2016, 02:49 PM)PrimoCarnera Wrote: I have noticed in recent years a craving for chocolate milk during recovery. I'm not entirely sure why, but there are worse things to drink after a workout. So, as such, I am not going to sweat it much.

I hear you! I crave all sorts of weird and wacky things after a workout. It's different every single time. I don't particularly stress much over this, but I would like to make a list of healthier options to snack on after a workout. It might help me feel better about my post-workout cravings.
Considering that you spend a lot of energy and resources while working out, its quite normal to have cravings after the workout. The way to quell them is to have post-workout shakes or meal replacements. I am not in favor of completely killing your wishes either, so if you feel like it you can always have a little bit of cake or chocolate or whatever.
(09-16-2016, 10:38 AM)John Snort Wrote: Whether you get cravings or not you need to eat something after working out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, energy drinks — anything that will help you recover your energy quickly. That actually is why you'll get cravings after working out. It's your body telling you that it needs "fuel" for post exercise metabolism.

I think the food rich in protein will be the best because they are good for the energy. High-calorie food will be not healthy but medium calorie energy food are good.
(09-26-2016, 10:56 AM)zonemik Wrote:
(09-16-2016, 10:38 AM)John Snort Wrote: Whether you get cravings or not you need to eat something after working out. Yogurt, chocolate milk, energy drinks — anything that will help you recover your energy quickly. That actually is why you'll get cravings after working out. It's your body telling you that it needs "fuel" for post exercise metabolism.

I think the food rich in protein will be the best because they are good for the energy. High-calorie food will be not healthy but medium calorie energy food are good.

Yes, indeed protein is the most important food because all our muscles and bones benefit from it, proteins are the building blocks of our lives.