Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer games influence martial arts
With the prevalence of computer games dealing with fighting scenes, I guess it is a great influence to the younger generation, another reason why martial arts is getting popular and even more popular than boxing. A gamer of fighting computer games will surely relish watching the mixed martial fights on tv and I think most of the aficionado of MMA fights are gamers.
Well, I beg to disagree with you that it is the martial arts that have much influenced the creation of computer games. The characters in the actual martial arts fights are being used by the computer game programmers. In return, the kids, the youths love and enjoy playing the martial arts computer games because of such well-known or best Martial Arts fights.
That was exactly what I was about to say @Tapungol, martial arts and other real activities are what influence the creators of computer games. At the same time that has a snowball effect because the people playing those games, if they become really popular, might be interested in martial arts.
(12-17-2016, 02:38 AM)Tapungol Wrote: Well, I beg to disagree with you that it is the martial arts that have much influenced the creation of computer games. The characters in the actual martial arts fights are being used by the computer game programmers. In return, the kids, the youths love and enjoy playing the martial arts computer games because of such well-known or best Martial Arts fights.

I agree, it is the other way around. A lot of children just knew who Bruce Lee was when they played Tekken and saw Law.
Talking about Bruce Lee, I do recall a computer game I had when I was a kid that featured Bruce Lee and I loved it, I could play it for ours. Actually I only knew about Bruce Lee through the game, so thinking again, I think it might depend on the culture where each one lives.
I totally disagree. Video games don't have that power to influence anyone.

Video games are just a hobby. They're interesting, but forgettable. What makes a person want to become a fighter are real motives, personal reasons.

I think the most that video games can do is make the fighter more excited to face some challenges... Nothing more.