Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxing vs running
Given a choice between running and boxing to reduce weight, I would choose boxing. Running is nothing but burning the fats while boxing has something more because it is a form of martial arts that can be helpful in times of incidents. And with boxing, you also develop not only the muscles and strength but also the confidence that you are well equipped when it comes to fighting.
Hi, Alexandoy if I must choose from those two, I would choose running. That is much easier more accessible and cheaper. I can run every morning if I want to, and If I'm busy no one will argue that I'm missing the boxing time.
I gave up boxing two years ago because I didn't have too much spare time besides my job.
(05-27-2017, 01:02 AM)Alexandoy Wrote: Given a choice between running and boxing to reduce weight, I would choose boxing. Running is nothing but burning the fats while boxing has something more because it is a form of martial arts that can be helpful in times of incidents. And with boxing, you also develop not only the muscles and strength but also the confidence that you are well equipped when it comes to fighting.

Boxing is only recommended when you have the stomach for it. As much as I love boxing, I wouldn't dare to venture into it ; that would be madness on my part. I prefer running, in as much as it appears to be an easy task, believe me it's not if you take up long run.

You know the full effect of running if you engage in the process for say 2 hour run. After that, you will definitely find it almost impossible move your legs freely as your calf and hamstring will stiff up. It gives a reasonable amount of pain but with time, the pains begins to subsidize.