Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Do Yoga?
(03-26-2016, 03:27 AM)Fermin420 Wrote: I used to think yoga was totally a waste of time, because its usually presented like some religious thing. These days im getting more into it and I realize I couldn't be more wrong. I started my research when I found out how serious some of my favorite fighters were about yoga, claiming it had a huge impact in their performance. I'm no pro, just starting to try it out.

Yeah, I think the internet helped take the ´zen´ out of yoga. Back in the day, the teachers were very spiritual about it, and the people they trained to be teachers obviously bought into that part of it. But now there are people who just got away from all that and teach Yoga just as a great method of exercise.
I try to do it at least twice a week. I can say that it has really helped me not only with my flexibility but also my with my breathing. I feel that yoga has had a positive impact on my training. After a few weeks, I felt myself being able to breathe more effectively. If you combine yoga with a little mediation, the results will be infinite.
Yes, I try to do a little stretching before I work out. I like to do some leg stretches to get my body flexible and relax. Stretching relaxes the mind.
Oh yes, I do bits and pieces here and there. I used to do it more frequently, but I just kind of got out of that habit and sort of lost interest, and now just a couple of times is enough for me. The one thing that I can say is that it is certainly a lot more difficult than a lot of people may realize, and it does take a lot more dedication than anticipated. At least that was the deal in my case, so just a little fore warning.
I rеlеаsеd 30 pоunds thrоugh yоgа, аnd it wаs nоt dоnе by bеing hаrd оn mysеlf оr by bеing strоng оr wеаk, it wаs dоnе thrоugh lоvе. I аlsо lеаrnеd tо lоvе my bоdy, just thе wаy it is.
I do yoga as i like the feeling of calm and flexibility it gives me. I only do the simple poses and those that stretch my lower back and legs. I find yoga very helpful.
Not regularly, but from time to time. I once did a 30 day Yoga challenge when I had hurt my knees and could not do any other work out. I really enjoy it, because you still work your muscles, stretch them and also calm your mind at the same time. I just recently did morning yoga by the sea and then went for a swim, that was perfect.
I haven't tried it yet but I have heard that it can really help you focus. I do meditate and that really helps out but I am thinking of doing yoga. I think the combo of the two can really do wonders for the body and the mind.
(01-31-2016, 07:05 PM)ctfranklin28 Wrote: Just wondering if I'm the oddball out, but does anyone else practice yoga?

I don't use it as a regular practice, but I do a few asanas every once in a while for variety.

I'm a big fan of trying new things. I started doing Yoga earlier this year and I have to say, the results are fantastic. My body is more supple I feel much stronger. You really should give it a try.
(01-31-2016, 07:05 PM)ctfranklin28 Wrote: Just wondering if I'm the oddball out, but does anyone else practice yoga?

I don't use it as a regular practice, but I do a few asanas every once in a while for variety.

I used to think yoga was a womens thing. I'm still not sure if I ever will do it, I just think it's super feminine.

I see women do the movements, and I like it, but I don't think I want to see myself doing those things, plus the moves are too sexual for me. Not trying to sound like a pervert, it just looks that way. That's just how my mind sees it.

I met this girl who said she feels peaceful when she does it. I'm so sure.