Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Do Yoga?
I practice yoga everyday, it keeps my muscles flexible and reduces the strain and fatigue that a particularly hard practice might cause.
I tried yoga many years ago, I was definitely more flexible and felt like I was less sore after workouts. I did struggle with some of the spiritual stuff some of the teachers push, not that there's anything wrong with that but its just not my thing. All in all I would recommend to anyone.
Rеsеаrсh shоws thаt migrаinе suffеrеrs hаvе fеwеr аnd lеss pаinful migrаinеs аftеr thrее mоnths оf yоgа prасtiсе. Thе саusе оf migrаinеs isn’t fully undеrstооd, but Blеiеr sаys it соuld bе а соmbinаtiоn оf mеntаl strеssоrs аnd physiсаl misаlignmеnt thаt сrеаtе migrаinеs аnd оthеr issuеs. Hunсhing оvеr а соmputеr оr сеll phоnе with yоur shоuldеrs up аnd hеаd fоrwаrd саusеs оvеrlifting оf yоur trаpеzius аnd tightеning оf thе nесk. This pulls thе hеаd fоrwаrd аnd сrеаtеs musсlе imbаlаnсеs thаt саn соntributе tо hеаdасhеs аnd migrаin
Yea I do yoga at least 2 times a week. Yoga and meditating would be the best combo you could get out of you mind. I really recommend it as you can become much more flexible and possibly use it to your advantage in the ring!
I used to think yoga was totally a waste of time, because its usually presented like some religious thing. These days im getting more into it and I realize I couldn't be more wrong. I started my research when I found out how serious some of my favorite fighters were about yoga, claiming it had a huge impact in their performance. I'm no pro, just starting to try it out.
I have started doing yoga about 2 weeks ago. I use it as a complementary bonus to muay thai, as it relaxes me allot and helps me improve on my stress levels.
I do yoga at least once every week. It has helped me become more flexible and has strengthened my core muscles as well. I think it's because I mainly do yoga for core strengthening, although I also do some poses for my back pain. I just look up some YouTube yoga videos that teaches you throughout the whole session. I love it because I can just do that at the comfort of my own room without needing to go to a real yoga class. Besides, I'm not into it professionally, it's just to supplement my other workout routines.

Anyway, I recommend just doing what I do. There's tons of videos on YouTube that teaches yoga for free. They're even short 15 to 20 minutes. But they do work! I have less back pain since I started doing yoga for my back. Plus the core strengthening poses really did make my core muscles sore. I didn't even experience that with my normal routine for my abs which I also got from YouTube, lol.
I tried Yoga, it just didn´t do it for me. I do prefer more body-centric ways to build and stretch muscles, but Yoga just has too many poses that seem to serve no function.
I'd be too afraid of breaking my spine to fully appreciate it, I'm afraid. There are lots of complications when you damage your spine, and I'd rather have the ability to walk rather than being able to bend backwards whenever I wanted. But not saying it's dangerous, I'm just saying it has its risks, and I'm not that big of a risk taker myself, and that's why I'd rather not go through with what looks like pretty risky positions involving your spine. But that's just me though.
My university gave free yoga lessons daily. I started going to them right before college let out for summer break. I really enjoyed doing it. I felt a lot of benefit from it to be honest. I'm looking forward to doing more when I go back this fall.