Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Do Yoga?
I've heard nothing but good reviews for incorporating Yoga into your workout routine. Plenty of stuff concerning it on youtube, as well.

I'd also recommend looking into Tai Chi if you're getting into yoga. I took a combat Tai Chi class while studying abroad in China some years back. Great for balance and the like.
Honestly speaking, I have tried yoga my entire life. It is not that common where I come from and I kinda find it boring that I think I would sleep on session.
Yes I do yoga a few times a week. It helps me relax and strengthen my mind. I also use it to practice balance and focus. At first I thought it was a waste of time but now its a habit for me and it really helps.
(02-21-2016, 08:51 PM)mooray Wrote: Honestly speaking, I have tried yoga my entire life. It is not that common where I come from and I kinda find it boring that I think I would sleep on session.

Do you mean that you have *not* tried yoga in your entire life?

There is a good documentary on Netflix about it. "Breath of the Gods" it's called, check it out. Apparently, yoga was a bit of a taboo in India for awhile.
I have been loving my yoga sessions so far. Getting that deep connection with your musculature is such an intense experience, like literally feeling your body communicate what it wants and being able to speak its language is so damn badass
(01-31-2016, 07:05 PM)ctfranklin28 Wrote: Just wondering if I'm the oddball out, but does anyone else practice yoga?

I don't use it as a regular practice, but I do a few asanas every once in a while for variety.

Over a decade ago I used to do yoga however I only stayed at it for about a month or two. It was very invigorating and seemed to leave me with a lasting energy.
Оnе оf thе bеst things аbоut Yоgа is thаt yоu lеаrn hоw tо brеаth whilе strеtching. Thаt wаy if yоu gеt рinnеd in аn uncоmfоrtаblе роsitiоn whilе fighting аn орроnеnt yоu cаn still brеаth аnd nоt gеt tirеd оr раnic.
Back in 2009-2010 or so I used to go the courses. I was recommended to give it a try. So, I gave. However, after a couple of months I kind of stopped. Time is usually limited, so I decided to do my regular workouts and training sessions more.
I tried to get into Yoga a couple of years ago and I really underestimated it in terms of how difficult it way. It turns out that it just wasn't for me, but I thought of it more like a relaxing technique but it was much more than that and a little more than I was looking for, so I chose not to go any further. I think it is a great practice though and recommend it for anybody.
A few weeks later and I have to say, I'm so much more limber. My back feels like it has so much more range, I reach for things so much easier, I bend in ways that I didn't used to realize I could, I'm so...springy...I just can't do anything but praise the benefits now. Thanks to whoever recommended this to me in the stretching thread Big Grin!