Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Do Yoga?
Just wondering if I'm the oddball out, but does anyone else practice yoga?

I don't use it as a regular practice, but I do a few asanas every once in a while for variety.
Not on a regular basis, no, but at least once a month, yeah. Yoga's good, I had some injuries when I was younger and my physician told me I should also try yoga as a part of my rehabilitation and it was good. My girlfriend is the one dragging me to yoga classes nowadays though, although even if we weren't together, I'd still probably go sometimes.
I've started again recently and am feeling great. I'd totally recommend it to anyone, there's lots of apps around and most of them are pretty sweet. Nothing quite like feeling limber and healthy all day Smile
Years ago I used to do it quite a bit, but not so much so now. There really isn't a good place to practice it on a regular basis in this area. I do, however, use some Yoga poses for stretching and warm up. I don't regret gaining the knowledge from the past.
"Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring."—Sugar Ray Leonard
I wish I had the time.
Yoga is great for balance, elasticity, core-strength, the mind, etc.

I also think it works great for fighters.
There's a lot of fighters into Yoga. It's now a new thing.

Rickson Gracie was doing it back in the day:

25:00 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvzJO-6ESc
I am just getting introduced to discipline yoga and I find it helps energize me after a workout. It's nice because I don't get nearly enough sleep like I should. If you can recommend any good resources for more info I would appreciate it.
No thank you oin this one

Hamtaro forever
I actually started Piyo. It's a pilates and yoga combo. My wife bought this expensive dvd set and started doing it. Well, I did it a few times with her and got a pretty good workout and enjoyed it. Then I started doing it 5 times a week and also keep up by muay thai and bjj training 4 or 5 times a week. I've only been doing it for 2 months but I love it and it's helped assist my cardio and flexibility, which I think has helped my muay thai and bjj. And..best of all my weight has gotten into pretty good shape. I should sell this stuff.
I also do abit of physical yoga coupled with kundalani yoga. I used to do them on a daily basis but these days I do them once in a while.

Yoga is the best relaxant I can get so far and being in a trance state is usually blissful for me.
The yoga poses helped alleviate my joint pains especially in the waist and neck region and I am so happy I can bend to touch my knees comfortably these days.
I do yoga 2-3 times a week. Yoga followed by meditation works wonders for me. Generally I do some stretching exercises, followed by a few rounds of Sun salutations and then meditation.